Friday, May 1, 2009

The tale of an imperfect body

So I went to the doctor today. I have been dealing with stomach issues for quite some time now. I have gallbladder pain among many other interesting issues. My last doctor was a pain in the you know what, so I switched to a better one.

The new doctor, wants some sort of procedure done on me at the hospital. He's testing me for celiacs, and he didn't even question me when I asked to have a test for thyroid (Thyroid problems run in my family, so I figured it was time.). Yay for doctors who care!

The girl that weighed me and tested my blood pressure at the doctor's office, was this small little thing. She gave me one of those head to toe looks and was not very friendly. This made the perfectionist in me get all self conscious.
Then on the way home, I was fixing my hair and put on chap stick in the mirror, and some teeny-bopper gave me a snide smirk. This again made me freak out on the inside. All the negative voices inside me started to worry that people think I'm fat. But on the rest of the drive home I put things in perspective.

For one, I was putting thoughts in those people's heads. The girl who weighed me may have been having a bad day. Or the girl in the car may have thought I was weird for singing along with the music in my car. Two, while I have gained weight and I am trying to lose it, I still have amazing attributes, both physical and personality wise.

I also made a conscious effort to congratulate myself on the great food choices I made today! For breakfast I had left over brown rice and green beans (not in an oatmeal mood), I had one tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack, and see below for what I had for lunch and dinner.




For lunch I had a multi-grain bagel with 2 tablespoons of organic cream cheese, half of a can of white tuna, two slices of tomato, a touch of dill and a splash of lemon. One carrot and an orange. It was delicious.


For dinner I had one of my last minute creations: I started with organic whole wheat pasta, half a package of imitation crab, 3 tablespoons of light sour cream, 1/4 of a cup of Parmesan cheese, a dab of milk, a touch of dill and a splash of lemon (lol) and I mixed it all together. This made two servings (my hubby ate this too). I also had some steamed carrots. Another satisfying meal. But it could have used some garlic.

I may not have the perfect body, in fact with all my stomach issues and the weight I gained, sometimes I wish I had a different one. However, I don't have to worry what other people think, or focus on the world's perfectionism. Instead I can rejoice in the body I do have and treat it right with good meals and exercise (I'm going to exercise here in a bit).

P.S. Since I am not perfect, I won't be blogging three times a day in the future. I just wanted to get things started. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment