Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Freaky dreams and good food choices!

Have you ever had one of those dreams right before your alarm clock goes off that makes it hard to get out of bed? I had one of those dreams this morning. It was kind of like a freaky flash back. I mean not really a traumatic experience or anything. Just one of those dreams that makes you think about the past. It threw off my whole morning routine.

Anyway, even after a late start, I was able to have a healthy breakfast at work. I've kind of decided to start documenting my meals. Perhaps it will keep me more accountable to what I eat. I also decided to take photos with my phone. Carrying around a Nikon D40 all the time is not really practical.

Anyhow, I had a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, a banana, a 1/4 cup of raisins, a tbsp of almond butter and a 1/2 cup of organic vanilla soy milk.
For lunch I had left over veggies and a cup of brown rice, a serving of cheddar cheese and 15 raw almonds. It was really good, but I think I had a little too much fat. It made my tummy angry.

Right after work I did my Couch to 5K workout while I watched The Devil Wears Prada. I love that movie, it always motivates me for some
reason.

After I exercised I ate an orange for a snack and then took Maddie out to play (not walking lessons).








I didn't really feel like eating dinner, though I was hungry. So I made a toasted sandwich (on homemade whole wheat bread) with cream cheese and tomatoes.



I was still hungry so I had two sections of imitation crab (not the most natural of food choice, but nothing sounded good today).

After youth group I had a half of a chocolate chip cookie. Oh and I have to admit, I had two spoonfuls of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Oh and two cups of coffee at work.

Over all a good day, health wise anyway. I did do a little mindless snacking, and I had real sugar in my coffee (usually I have Truvia). But, I am not going to beat myself up over it.

I am proud of myself that I completed day two of Couch to 5K. I actually really enjoy the program so far!

http://www.coolrunnings.com/ for more info on Couch to 5K.

P.S. What do you think of using the camera phone? I know it is poor quality compared to the Nikon, but...I don't know. It is easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment