Monday, May 25, 2009

Day one of the detox

Drop all fats and cut down to 1/2 the amount of protein (no sugar)

When first starting this detox, I thought, 6 days won't be so bad. Hmph, I'm already feeling the effects: mentally and physically. Today is just the "easing into it day" too.

Well for breakfast I had left over "potato soup," which consisted of potatoes, onion, egg yolk (for some protein) and various spices. I didn't have time to go grocery shopping yesterday, so that's what I ate. LOL I didn't take a picture of it, 'cause it was ugly.

I went grocery shopping around noon and got tons of fruits and veggies, flax meal, egg beaters, beans and some gluten free cereal (for the last half of my detox). After grocery shopping, I was starving since all I had was the potato soup and a cup of tea.

Around 2 p.m. I had a cup of the gluten free cereal (I'm still allowed grains today), half a cup of strawberries and half a cup of almond milk.


After lunch I dove right in and started making black bean veggie burgers. I heard that if you freeze them before you cook them, they're easier to deal with and don't fall apart, so I wanted to freeze them first.

After making the burgers, I had two celery stalks and three tbsp of salsa. You have to get creative when you can't have any fat or anything. What I really wanted to do was stick one of those in my husbands peanut butter. mmm


After my snack I worked on making a fruit salad.


  • 2 mangoes
  • 2 kiwis
  • 1 cup strawberries (mine were frozen)
  • juice from half a lemon

Chop everything up, and squeeze the lemon over the top. Delicious and beautiful!

After I made the salad, after the rice was done cooking and after I fried the burger and grilled the onions, I was finally able to eat my dinner.

Look at all that amazing food. I started off with a bed of spinach and some herb salad spring mix, I topped it with sliced carrots, salsa, one serving of brown rice, the black bean burger, more salsa and grilled mushrooms. It was very fresh.


For dessert I had a small portion of my fruit salad (I'll have the rest for breakfast tomorrow).


I was still hungry so I had one more cup of the gluten free cereal and a cup of tea.

Now I am off to Wal-Mart to get some supplies for my detox bath. I have a feeling I will be hungry when I get back, so I will probably have an orange. I am really scared for day 2. Tomorrow, I don't get any protein or carbs!!!!! Can I do it? Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Black Bean Veggie Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Black-Bean-Veggie-Burgers/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment