Saturday, July 4, 2009

No day but today: Day 2


There is no day but today. Every time I began to fret about trying to keep up my habits for 21 days, I just thought to myself, there is only today. So far it's kept me going.

Yesterday after posting I kept both of my other new habit's as well. Habits I'm working on for the 21 Day New Habit Challenge: Wake up every morning by 5:45 a.m.; exercise for at least 30 min a day; and keep my sink free shining and free of dishes.

Yesterday's Calories in Calories out:

I think yesterday's terribly dark journal photo was easier to read. So sorry, I'll get it right!

Consumed: 1654 calories

I ate really well yesterday. Despite the fact that I went over my goal calories by about 100. I could have cut my calorie intake by just not having the bowl of cereal before bed, but I was so hungry. Tonight, if I feel hungry before bed, I will just drink some tea.

Burned: 234 with 30 minutes of walking and jogging.

I've started adding in about 15 minutes of strength training a day. It is usually about 3-4 exercises that target the whole body. I just decided one day, that I don't like strength training enough to do it for an hour a day, so I'll do what I can. :) It seems to be working. It doesn't feel like a chore at all.

SparkPeople.com has this awesome workout generator. You just select the type of workout you're looking for (mine was beginner/less than 20 min/full body). The generator then comes up with a bunch of different SparkPeople strength training regimes to help you out. I printed out five of the strength training regimens (all with 4 or less moves), so I can mix it up five days a week.

A Shawnee Creation: Not Baked Beans

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of organic Pinto Beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/4 cup of organic tomato sauce
  • 1/4 of a cup of Natural 7-up
  • 1/4 of a cup of BBQ sauce (I use Bull's Eye with no high fructose)
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp light maple syrup
  • 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 - 2 tsp of soy sauce
  • 1/4 of a sweet onion (diced)
  • 1/4 of a red pepper (diced)
  • 1/4 of a yellow pepper (diced)
  • 1 large clove of garlic (minced)

Wow that is a lot of ingredients. I kid you not, this just came to me as I was making it. I love when that happens, and the recipe turns out so well.

Anyway, to make: Mix all of the ingredients together in a pot. I let mine go to a boil on medium for a few minutes, then I turned it on low-medium and let it simmer for a good half hour.

AMAZING! Sometimes, I do just that -- amaze myself. ;) I actually at the beans yesterday by themselves as a snack.

Recipe Find: Banana Soft Serve !?


So I was reading Katheats.com and she mentioned the banana soft serve that she found on Choosingraw.com. I thought it was really good, though the banana flavor was very strong. But I like bananas.

I mixed mine up (only one banana) and then added a dash of vanilla Almond Breeze, mixed it together and let sit in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I didn't have any pure vanilla extract on hand, but I think a dash of that would have been good too.

Finally, I topped off the soft serve with "chocolate syrup." One tbsp of honey mixed with 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. Very good.

I really do like raw foods, especially their dessert ideas. I check out my May 31 blog for a recipe for raw brownies. Mmmm so good.

Agenda for today:

Finish my new habits (exercise and dishes, I already woke up at 5:45 a.m.). Take a load of garage sale stuff to husband's parents house. Do something in celebration of the 4th!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

--Shawnee

No comments:

Post a Comment