Monday, July 20, 2009

Baked Kale=Kale Chips???

I finally tried Kale Chips!

For last night's dinner, I was in a salty/carb type mood, so to save some calories, I had kale chips and sweet potato fries. So delicious.


For the kale chips recipe, visit katheats.com. The chips really are crunchy and chip like. The recipe said to bake them for 15 minutes, but mine were a little overdone at 7 minutes!

For sweet potato fries:

Slice a sweet potato into fries, drizzle on some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), add some spices, and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until desired tenderness. I added, fresh garlic, rosemary, chili powder, nutmeg, curry, and salt.

Calories in/Calories Out
(for July 20)

Calories in: 1997


Calories out: 159

So I realized last week, that if I want to lose 1 pound a week, all I have to do is consume 1750 calories (or less) and burn 288 calories a day.

I've been trying to lose 2 pounds a week. I've been trying that for a year! I figured losing 1 pound a week is better than no pounds.

But, for whatever reason, I am having a really hard time staying in my calorie range. Last week I was eating about 1600-1700 a day.

I do know that there have been potato chips in the house lately. I have a pretty strong addiction to them. I didn't have any yesterday, but for the last couple days before that (and today), I have had a couple servings worth. That is definately a factor. I just need more self control!

I don't know about this. I can't seem to wake up in the morning. Though I did exercise and do the dishes.

I hope to post in the morning. I'm off to Bible study. Ciao!
--Shawnee


No comments:

Post a Comment