Sunday, July 19, 2009

A new day -- for real

Calories in / Calories out
(for Friday, July 17)


I just realized that you can click the pictures to make them larger. Weird that I am just now figuring that out. So to better see what I am eating, click the pic! ;)

Calories in: 2,053 :( *hangs head in shame*

Calories out: 269

Most of my extra calories in, came from a small potato chip binge and some animal crackers with almond milk. I guess all of my bad calories came from snacking. *sighs* oh well.

Calories in / Calories out (for Saturday, July 18)

Calories in: 2,207

OMGoodness Did I seriously eat that much??? YES!

Calories out: 420

According to Caloriecontrol.org I burned 420 calories for 1.5 hours of grocery shopping yesterday.

She was a baking queen. Young and sweet only 25!

After going to the Salem Farmers Market and going grocery shopping, I just had this massive urge to bake.

Yesterday I baked...
  • A loaf of whole wheat bread
  • Whole wheat pizza crust (enough for 6 personal pan pizzas)
  • Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

My intent for making these cookies was so that I would have a healthy-all natural treat to have in place of expensive granola bars. As my faithful seven would know, I refuse to buy organic bread. I can just make it myself. Well, I decided that I am not going to buy granola bars any more. These are just as filling. And I get 30 of them for the price of a box of organic granola bars!

For the original recipe visit Spark Recipes. The original recipe is called Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. Mine were definitely not vegan. I added an egg. And instead of vegan chocolate chips I used raisins. I added a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, and I substituted the oil for apple sauce.


I really like them. They have kind of a cake-cookie texture. And, they're only 125 calories each. Oh, and they're really filling. I had one and a cup of coffee for breakfast this morning. It held me over until noon.

A little Italiano :P

Did you know I am a quarter Italian? My grandma was full blooded. Any how, I made pizzas yesterday for dinner.

I got the recipe from Anna Maria's Open Kitchen website. Of course I substituted half whole wheat flour. Oh and I used the dough setting on my bread machine. Worked like a charm. I'll be doing it again.

You get three medium pizza's worth, or six personal size pizzas with this recipe. I partially bake my personal size pizzas for 3 minutes first, then I freeze the extra pizzas for a fast dinner later!

I had Canadian bacon, pineapple, mushrooms and tomatoes with mine. The hubby had the same minus the mushrooms. YUUUMO!

Reflection on life:

Remember this...
Oh yeah...didn't that have something to do with three new habits that you wanted to make a daily habit forever?

Yeah that's it! My daily habits were: Wake up every day at 5:45 a.m., exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes, and keep the sink clean and shiny.

Well, I am still workin' on it. I've had to reflect on the early morning thing. That is probably the habit I have done the worst at. I guess if my goal is to wake up that early, then I need to go to bed earlier. So tonight my goal is to get in bed by 9:30 p.m. I probably wont fall asleep until late, but I need to establish the habit on both ends.

Honestly, I have missed a couple days of exercise, and at least two days of dishes. I did do about 10 days straight with no flaws. Well, I am going to start at day 11 tomorrow. :)

Today is a new day. I'm tired of reflecting on what I haven't done, or how poorly I have done things. My goal is to do my best every day, to enjoy life, and be thankful for the things God has given me.

I'm not perfect, and sometimes I try new things and fail royally, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to be happy!

Today I'm thankful for...

...my very big puppy doggy, Maddie. She's my buddy. We had a little one on one time today.


Happy Sunday everyone!

--Shawnee

No comments:

Post a Comment