Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Changes for the Ex-Perfectionist


Perfectionist.


That is what I am. The whole point of creating this blog was to throw away the perfectionism trash that clutters my existence and learn to love myself as I am.


Disappointed.


That is how I feel about myself for not being able to maintain a daily blog. I am one perfect dust bunny away from kicking this blog to the curb. I don’t even care to recycle it.


Scared.


The thought of having to consistently photograph my food every single day FREAKS-ME-OUT! The mere inkling of waking up every morning and exercising, straitening my hair, cleaning my house, working for 8-9 hours, cooking dinner, and being a wife makes me want to run away to some deserted island with no television, radio, and internet. Essentially, I want to live in a world without any FOR-THE-REST-OF-MY-LIFE responsibilities.


Takes a deep breath in, holds for five seconds and slowly releases.


I took a look through all the pictures I've taken for my blog since it’s conception in May. Wow. The few recipes I’ve created. All the ones I’ve tested and tried. All the restaurants I’ve eaten at. In terms of food: I’ve done a lot in the past eight months. In terms of my other hobbies and goals: I’ve done squat.


2010 is going to look different for The Ex-Perfectionist. I still want to write about cooking, and about food. But I also want to write about all of the other 1001 hobbies and goals I have.

In 2010 The Ex-Perfectionist hopes to write about:

  • Food
  • Restaurants
  • Traveling
  • House Beautification Project
  • Crafts
  • Friends and Family
  • My relationship with Jesus
  • Health and Wellness
  • Fashion
  • Writing
  • and anything else that comes to my mind
This blog is and will forever be a health and wellness blog for body, mind and soul. Think of it as a general interest blog.

Cheers to a beautiful, peaceful and passionate 2010!

2 comments:

  1. I think writing about everything that interests you is a great idea! Also, I think too often we put too much pressure on ourselves to post a certain number of posts a week or a month. I think there is nothing wrong with documenting life when you can. Blogging is supposed to be fun! :) And even if you only post a few times per month, it'll be fun to look back at in the future.
    There is no such thing as a "perfect" blog...

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! Blogging should be fun. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete