Friday, January 22, 2010

Moving, moving, moving

Tomorrow is D day. This is it folks; my last night in my old home. Tomorrow I turn a new key and cross over a different threshold into a land of the unknown.

Several things will change for me. Not only will it be a new house, in a new city, but it will be a small house in a big city. No more spending 15-25 minutes driving into town to go shopping or to dine out. Plus, I'll be literally 5 minutes away from the gym I plan on joining. My plan is for my first day at the gym to be Monday. Another new thing is my commute will be about 5 minutes longer, which means no more going home for lunch. You mean I actually have to prepare and plan a lunch and find something to do without wasting gas? hmmm

I'll also be internet-less for a while. I will have internet at work to check emails and such, but I'm not sure how convenient posting will be.

I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time. There is so much left to do still. But, the good thing is, I can just worry about one house and stop focusing on two.

Peace out my peeps (LOL that is so 1990)

--Shawnee

P.S. I have to give a shout out to Andrea at Andrea's Wellness Notes. She is the only one that ever comments on my blog. So thanks Andrea! It is so encouraging. I know people are visiting my blog from my stats, leave a comment for me and let me know I am not writing only for me and Andrea. :) Answer this question: What is a big change or challenge you are facing right now? Are you scared, excited, nervous?

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and LOVE it!! We just bought our first house the end of October so I know exactly how you feel. It is scary and exciting! Now that we've been here for a few months I know it was meant to be. Good luck on the move and here's to new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your move went well!!! Somehow your blog is not updating in my Google reader; I just randomly decided to check in on you! :) Anyway, hope things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christi and Simply Life for visiting my blog and for the encouragement. Somehow the move is still in progress. We just need to clean out the garage at the other place. Then we get the job of figuring out what to keep, toss and donate! How exciting. :P

    ReplyDelete