Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shrimp Fried Rice and a New Dressing!

I'm trying to rack my brain to figure out what I've done since I last posted. I haven't done anything that exciting. Though, I did go shopping to buy some clothes for my new job. :) I got a couple cute pieces.

Health wise: I've definitely done better these last couple of days than I did over Thursday and Friday. I really really need to start journaling again. Even if I only keep track of what I eat for my stomach issues. That would be better than nothing. Oh and I am so running 15 minutes strait! Woohoo. Pretty soon I'll be doing my 45 minutes of running again. :)

Here are a couple interesting meal choices...

Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of brown rice (cooked equals three cups)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of fresh baby shrimp
  • tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
  • Soy sauce to taste
  • Top with sweet chili sauce

Cook the rice. Then in a medium fry pan scramble the egg over medium heat. Toss in the baby shrimp and toasted sesame seeds and let warm through. Add the rice. Toss with soy sauce and top with sweet chili sauce.

Of course you could add veggies to this, but I didn't have any peas and carrots on hand. This made 3 servings. I ate 2 in one sitting. :( I just felt so hungry Sunday night.

Shrimp Salad with Sweet Sundried Tomato Balsamic Dressing

In this bowl:

  • 2 cups romaine
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat macaroni noodles
  • 1 egg, hardboiled and chopped
  • 1/2 cup shrimp
  • 1/2 serving oyster crackers
  • Sweet Sundried Tomato Balsamic Dressing

So I totally didn't mean for this to be photo worthy. And actually the photo is kind of messy. But I was so proud of my dressing. I added the whole wheat noodles for a carb, 'cause I was planning on running that evening (and I did). The noodles were surprisingly delicious.

Recipe for Sweet Sundried Tomato Balsamic Dressing

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not oil packed)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • About 1/4 cup water (more if too thick)
  • Salt to taste

Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until desired texture. You may have to continue adding water to get the thickness you choose. This dressing is amazing! I don't think I'll ever go back to store bought junk. Unless I am really craving ranch. :)

Until next time my faithful few followers!

--Shawnee

2 comments:

  1. The dressing sounds great! I always make my own dressing, but I need to switch things up a bit... Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for all the support! it really keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete