Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I so forgot to name this post this morning...oops

I feel like I've finally joined the ranks of the working class. Yes, I've been working since I was 16, but I finally felt like that grouchy man (though I'm a woman) who wanted nothing more than a hot meal and tv. Well, thanks to my preparations on Sunday, I got my hot meal...

I also came home to an empty house and watched Ghostbusters for free on Youtube. It was kind of nice to just not talk to anyone and process for a while.
My enchiladas included rice, beans, and a wee bit of ground turkey. I seasoned the "stuffings" with organic ketchup, salsa and chili powder. I know the ketchup sounds weird, but it adds just the slightest bit of sweet to all the savory.
I cooked the enchiladas in a homemade enchilada sauce:
  • 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp flour (to make a roux)
  • 1 can of Hunts all natural tomato sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp chili powder (or less)

I can't tell you all the directions (cause I can't remember), though you make the roux and then add the other ingredients and cook on low until thick.

I make my own sauce because one it's much cheaper and two I've only ever found one enchilada sauce that I love and it just disappeared. After making my own, I've come to the conclusion that mine is just as good.

Eating Assessment of Yesterday

I feel like I ate rather well yesterday. I started off with a serving of oatmeal with banana, 2 tsp of brown sugar, 10 chocolate chips :) , 1 tbsp flax and 1/2 cup of Vanilla Almond Breeze. I also had a cup of coffee with Truvia and Almond Milk.

For lunch I ate a salad with my own homemade dressing, 1/2 oz blue cheese, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, 1/2 serving of raisins. I also had a single portioned Oikos with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/8 cup homemade granola.

For my snacks I had 1 serving of grapes, 1 slice of smoked Gouda, 1/2 cup of cucumber slices, 1 carrot, and 1 tbsp almond butter. I also had 5 Starbursts. :)

For dinner I ended up eating 5 of my enchiladas. *YIKES* I know that's a lot, but when I sit down and think about it, the corn tortillas are only 50 calories each and the filling is minimal. I think I'm looking at about 500 calories total for dinner. For dessert, I had my last Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal cookie.

Anyway, I don't usually type out everything I eat, but it's beneficial for me to see it all listed. I really really want to get back into the habit of writing it all down in my journal and posting my journal page.

Well folks, thank you for reading. I'm now off to shower and get ready to go in early for an In service day. A long day of all the VPs talking about their vision and what not. Hey, at least breakfast, lunch and dinner are included!

Remember to take one day at a time, and love yourself as you are and where you are.

Loves and Hugs,

Shawnee

P.S. I plan on catching up on blog reading tonight.

P.P.S I also just thought I should say that even though I might sound negative about my job, I'm really not. I'm just really tired from working longer hours. :)

1 comment:

  1. The enchilada sauce sounds great!

    I like writing down everything I eat once in a while to "check in" on myself...

    I hope your long day went well. I can relate to how tiring long days can be... :)

    ReplyDelete