Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No more counting calories

I just finished my day one of week two of my Couch to 5k regimin. It feels fantastic.

So, I've been thinking of was to de-perfectify my diet (yes I made up a word -- I'm an English major, I have creative liscense). Counting calories just doesn't work for me. I get so obsessive about only eating 1500 calories, that one day when I go over by 50 calories, I can barely look at myself in the mirror let alone get on Sparkpeople and count calories the next day.

Here is my new plan, one that has worked for me in the past, but I gave it up because I thought it wasn't perfect due to the fact that I wasn't counting calories. Every day I will limit myself on servings of each of the food group catagories. I will only eat 4 servings of grains, 3 servings of dairy (of which only one of those servings can be cheese), 4 servings of lean meat/proteins, one serving of sweets (no more than 120 calories), and I will eat a minimum of 2 servings of fruit and as many servings of fruit and veggies as I want.

So here is what I ate today based on that plan...

Two slices of homemade whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp pineapple mango jam, and 1 cup of milk.
One serving of Danon All Natural blueberry yogurt, 2 cups of coffee with 2 packs of Truvia sweetener, 1 tsp of sugar, and 1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk.

Two cups of romaine lettuce, one can of tuna, 2 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tsp Kraft fat free italian dressing, 1/2 cup apple sauce, and one serving of baked Ruffles.



One serving of raisins, and about an 1/8 of a cup of almonds/cashew mix.

Three shrimp and mushroom enchiladas (3 small corn tortillas, 15 shrimp, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/8 cheese and 1/4 enchilada sauce), 4 corn tortilla chilps (homemade from one small corn tortilla), 1/4 of salsa.

Two chocolate caramel cups (110 calories) and 1/2 cup apple sauce. Also, somewhere in there I ate about a 1/2 cup of sliced pickles.

Okay so I didn't do perfectly today. I went over my dairy intake by 1/4 of cheese and I went over my protein by one serving (I should have only had 1/2 of the tuna). I may take time to enter this into Sparkpeople tomorrow and see what the calories are looking like. If I have some to spare, I may increase my protein by one. But, I can tell you right now that I am really hungry, so I must not be consuming too much.

If you've never heard of Sparkpeople, check it out. It's helped thousands of people lose weight and more importantly, learn how to be healthy. http://www.sparkpeople.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment