Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vacation... all I ever wanted

My vacation started Friday.

Since then I've...
  • Cleaned the whole house
  • Shampooed the carpets
  • Painted my bedroom (I am in love with the colors!)
  • Ruined the carpets (too wet)
  • Ripped up the carpets
  • Bought very large room throws
  • Put the living room and bedroom back together
  • Decided with my husband that we're putting in new hardwood
  • Watched "Sherlock Holms" at the local theater and pub
  • Ran
  • Walked
  • Went grocery shopping
  • Packed for my trip
  • Drove to Ashland, OR (4 hours from Salem)
  • Arrived at The Pelton House B&B
  • Ate a fabulous dinner at Greensleaf
  • Took a hot bath (as it's raining, otherwise I would have sat in the hot tub)
  • Ate a homemade cookie as I took a bath (chocolate and a bath is there anything better?

And now I am lying on the most comfortable king size bed in my complimentary robe, getting ready to fall asleep. I am also thinking about eating another cookie. I love this B&B. I told my husband, "It's like a pimped up version of Grandma's house."

On the agenda tomorrow: Morning soak in the hot tub. Gourmet Breakfast (cooked by our wonderful host). A possible drive to Yreka, CA to eat at the Black Bear Diner (a tradition of ours). Finally, we'll end the night with a trip to the theater to watch, "Pride and Prejudice!" I love the book and the movie, the play should be fab!

Hope you're all having a Happy Hump Day!

--Shawnee

2 comments:

  1. What a list! So glad you get to relax now! The B & B sounds wonderful! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you´re relaxing and enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete