Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WWKE?

This is day one of my WWKE (What Would Kath Eat) meal-stalking diet plan. If you didn't see yesterday's post, I've document two weeks worth of meals that Kath has eaten. I've adapted them slightly to fit foods I can afford and foods available at my grocery store.

Today's breakfast was pumpkin oats with mashed banana, craisins, walnuts and almond milk. To make the oats, I mixed 1/2 a cup of pumpkin, 3/4 cup of almond milk and a 1/2 a cup of oats. I cooked them on high in the microwave for 3.5 minutes. I also added a dash of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.

Lunch was 1 cup of natural vanilla yogurt, with a 1/4 cup of granola, pears, and a spoonfull of strawberry jam. I also had 2 celery sticks cut into halves with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. For snacks throughout the day I had a tangerine and an apple.


Dinner was a small romaine salad with a 1/2 of a tsp of ranch, and a quesadilla. I used whole wheat La Tortarilla Factoria Tortillas. I highly recommend them. They're soft and they don't have any hydrogenated oils!

Inside:
  • Sour cream/white bean mix (see below)
  • 1 serv. shreaded cheese
  • 1/2 chicken breast w/taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup chopped spinach
  • Topped with salsa (I used about a 1/2 cup)
For the sour cream/white bean mix, blend in a food processor, 1/2 a cup of white beans and 3/4 cup sour cream. I am sneaky sneaky. I did this so my hubby would get a little added fiber. He's none the wiser. :)

I'm really surprised in how full and satisfied I was all day long today. I couldn't finish all my breakfast and lunch actually filled me up! I was really worried with lunch. But I ate the yogurt and two of the celery sticks and didn't get hungry again until about 4 p.m. At that point I at the rest.

It was a good day today. I also woke up this morning and worked out on the wii fit for a 1/2 hour. I did free step and lifted weights.

Well I'm off to bed. I'm hoping to wake up at 5:30 again tomorrow morning and actually begin exercising earlier.

Maybe you'll see me again tomorrow night. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment