Thursday, November 19, 2009

Held my own

I couldn't sleep last night. I haven't been able to for a few days now. I think I've been coming down with a cold and that on top of everything I having going on...

So I took some NightQuil. That stuff is good. It knocked me out fast, which means I slept in. Needless to say, because I was running late I deviated from the "Kath" meal plan (see previous posts x 3).

But I held my own. I think I did pretty darn good. For fun, I think I'll list my meals in descending order.

Dessert: 1/2 cup of natural vanilla yogurt w/ 1/2 a pear, tsp strawberry jam, and a sprinkle of granola.

Dinner: 1 cup of mixed whole wheat pasta, on top a bed of spinach and topped with freshly made bruchetta, walnuts, and a dusting of cheese.

This is one of the best meals I've made in a while. I could have eaten a ton! For my fresh bruchetta, I used tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Snacks throughout the day: Apple, oranges, fruit leather, piece of pumpkin/ginger bread

Lunch: 1/2 can of split pea soup (left over from yesterday),1 WASA cracker (crumbled in the soup), 1 whole wheat tortilla with cream cheese.

WASA crackers are delicious crumbled into soup!

Breakfast: Whole wheat English muffin, peanut butter, jam, 1 banana and a cup of coffee.

I'm starting to get anxious about Thanksgiving! My favorite dish is my aunts stuffing. She packs it full of, get this, pine nuts, and Italian sausage.

What's you're favorite Thanksgiving dish?

1 comment:

  1. Love your dinner! Mixing just a little pasta with lots of veggies is such a smart way to enjoy some pasta! (I have a really problem with portion control when it comes to pasta!)

    As far as Thanksgiving goes, I like stuffing, mashed potatoes, & gravy. I also like eating a big salad first. I'm not a big turkey fan, so I usually have none or just a tiny slice.

    ReplyDelete