Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Weight Loss Novel

I am hanging out at work for a few extra minutes, so I can do a quick post. My husband canceled our internet, and we’re probably going to wait until after we get back from Disneyland to get a new service provider.

GUESS WHAT?

I have not went up on the scale, in fact I am down to 169.4! That’s .4 less than I last weighed in. This is so encouraging for me. It’s seems like every time I have lost weight in the last couple months, it just comes back on in the next day or so.

My Weight Loss Story:

I thought I would take a little time to share my Weight Loss/Gain story with you. In 10th grade I was living at my heaviest : 189 lbs. I hated being thick. People called me names, made fun of me…you name it. I was definitely a victim of bullying.

At that point in my high school career, I decided to lose weight. My extra baggage slowly came off. By the end of my Junior year I lost about 19 or 20 pounds. At that point I had a boyfriend. Some things happened over the summer, while my boyfriend was visiting his dad in California. Because of those events I decided I was going to lose even more weight during the last month of my summer vacation. I was determined to look hot for my senior pictures and for my boyfriend.
I lost 30 pounds in a month and a half. I could fit into a size 7 jeans, sometimes a 5. Everyone thought I was hot. I joined the swim team, and swam about 3 to 5 miles a day. Because of that I could eat whatever I wanted. It was glorious!

College comes around, I break up with my boyfriend, go on a missions trip to Mexico, date a new guy (now my hubby) and the weight slowly starts to come back on. My husband is a fast food junkie, and while I am not completely blaming this one him. He didn’t help! LOL. By the Thanksgiving of our first year of marriage, I had but on 25 pounds. I was 20 years old at this point, so this would be 4 years after I lost all the weight.

For the last five years I have been fluctuating between 150 and 175 pounds. I am really disgusted with letting myself gain this much weight.

Things that lead to weight loss:
  • Overeating
  • Stress of school
  • Not exercising
  • Gallbladder not digesting fat
  • A pregnancy/miscarriage in February (I gained 10 pounds from this)

Notice that much of this is just me being lazy. I am ready to attempt to lose this weight.


The weight I have currently lost is just such a blessing for my self esteem.


Recap of healthy choices this week


I’ve done really well for eating. For example, I made myself Quinoa stuffed Zucchinis for dinner on Monday and I made my husband Sloppy Joes. I did have a small side of the meat, but I didn’t want to overdo it on the carbs. (I’ll share my stuffed Zucchini recipe when I get the chance). Last night for dinner I decided just to have one of my Sweet Spinach Smoothies and a whole wheat bun (no high fructose!) with a drizzle of honey. Those are just a few of the healthy choices I have made the last couple of days.


Today I had a small bowl of Kashi cereal with two large strawberries, a serving of raisins and a ½ a cup of vanilla soy milk for breakfast.


I was starving at lunch time, so I had a small red baked potato with salsa. I was still hungry so I had two small corn tortillas (only 100 calories) a serving of cheese, and a spoonful of left over sloppy joe meat (I shouldn’t have had that, made my gallbladder hurt), then on the way back to work I grabbed a granola bar.


For a snack I had half a cup of cucumbers, 6 Ritz crackers and two cups of tea. I had way too many carbs L. For dinner tonight I am going to make myself a veggie stir-fry (with no meat or noodles) and I’ll probably have a Spinach Smoothie for desert.


For exercise, I didn’t exercise yesterday, but I did do my couch to 5K running on Monday. I went ahead and jumped to week 4 and let me tell you, it’s intense! I haven’t sweated so hard in a while! I plan to exercise tonight.


On the Blog Agenda for Tomorrow


A blog about my goals for Disneyland!


Blessings,
Shawnee

No comments:

Post a Comment