Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Enchilada Burgers

Tonight I thought I would share with you all my little creation...Muahahaha.

I call this recipe: Enchilada Burgers.


This delicious dish is basically a black bean veggie burger, cheese, salsa, and enchilada sauce in a whole wheat bun. YUMO. Hey Kelly, I guess this is one of those recipes that could go in my book ;P. LOL. Though the veggie burger part is not my own.


Ingredients:

After you've made the veggie burgers, fry your veggie burger. I already had a batch on hand in the freezer. While the veggie burger cooks either make homemade enchilada sauce (which is what I did) or open a can of enchilada sauce and warm in the microwave.

After your veggie burger cooks, place the burger on the bottom half of the bun. Place the bottom half of the bun and the veggie burger back in the frying pan. Put a couple of spoonfuls of salsa directly on the burger. On top of the salsa place one serving of shredded or sliced cheddar cheese. Cover the frying pan and allow the cheese to melt.

Next, pour desired amount of enchilada sauce over the top of the bun, veggie burger, salsa and cheese. Place the top of the bun on the veggie burger. Cover the pan and allow the enchilada sauce to warm up. Serve with a little of the enchilada sauce on top of the bun.

OMGoodness this is one of the best recipes I have come up with thus far! LOL. Oh, eat with a fork! As you can see, I served mine with raw carrots, cucumbers and one celery stalk with a bit of peanut butter for desert.

Disneyland: 3 days left

Last night I went grocery shopping for my food for Disneyland.

I got a good assortment of healthy foods. I did get some fruit and veggies, they should last until then. Oh Safeway had a great deal on organic blueberries, buy one get one free, so I got two packs and put them in my freezer. They'll be good on my cereals.

For some of my main course meals, I bought Amy's Organic Raviolis, Amy's Bernie O's (Spaghetti Os), Organic Minestrone, and Amy Chang's Japanese Chicken and Noodles. I also bought all my sandwich and cereal stuff. :) It was expensive buying all this organic packaged stuff, but you can't put a price on health!

Exercise Woes

I did wake up and exercise this morning. I did 21 minutes on the Wii Fit. I am proud of myself for waking up early, but not so proud of myself cause I didn't exercise last nights. *hangs head low*


I am getting ready to publish this post, then I'm off to exercise. I really don't want to, but I don't want to be lazy. I also need to pack, do the dishes, and pick up a little more around the house.
Tomorrow, I hope to get back on track with posting my meals. It really helps with keeping myself accountable.

Blessings All,
Shawnee

P.S. I edited this post to add that tonight I jogged for 20 minutes and walked for 13!! Woohoo. That's a total of 54 minutes of exercise! :) I'm proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment