Thursday, July 9, 2009

A week of the 21 Day New Habit Challenge completed

Day 6 Food Creations

I wasn't really planning on doing anything spectacular for my meals on Tuesday. In fact for dinner, I was just going to make a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes.

As I was standing in the kitchen, I thought to myself, "How can I make a grilled cheese sandwich photo-worthy?"

Here is what I came up with

Grilled Cheese and Hummus with the Works!

On this sandwich:
  • Homemade whole wheat bread
  • 2 tbsp of my Fiesta Worthy Hummus (See July 6 post)
  • 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, cooked
  • 3 slices of tomatoes
  • 1 serving of mozzarella cheese
  • A dusting of Parmesan

Oh my goodness, so good. I had one for lunch on Wednesday as well.

Dessert: Chocolate Sauce with Fruit


I was in the mood for something chocolatey after dinner, yet had nothing to satisfy that in the house...or so I thought!

Take one tbsp of honey and a 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, and mix together with a couple droplets of water (seriously as little water as you can)

Sooo good. Tastes like a darker version of chocolate syrup.

Calories in / Calories out

Since I am behind, I am just going to skip the journal photos.

Tuesday:

Calories in: ??

I didn't actually get around to calculating on Tuesday, but I can tell you I think I did really, really well. The heaviest meal I ate was dinner.

Calories out: 388.

I did a 40 minute Denise Austin Power Yoga / Pilates video. It only burned about 120 some calories though. So then I got on SparkPeople and did two 10 minute videos. I did one kick boxing, and the other was a jumping one. I burned more calories in those than I did the 40 minute video! That's okay though, I enjoyed stretching, and the ab workout for pilates is amazing.

Wednesday

Calories in: ??

I didn't even journal yesterday. :(

Calories out: ??

Did a 45 minute power walk with the husband.

New Habit Challenge: Days 6 & 7
Tuesday: check, check and check! All of my habits completed. :)

Wednesday: :(. Time for a quick story? Tuesday night I didn't fall asleep until past midnight, and I kept waking up during the night. So when the alarm went of at 5:45 a.m. (one of my new habits), I made a conscious decision to lay in bed. I wish I wouldn't have.

Sleeping in threw off my whole day. I only had a half hour to get ready for work; I forgot to take my journal to work to write down meals; I made a bad food decision for dinner; and I didn't get the dishes done, or exercise until later in the evening (both my other habits).

But, today is a new day! Already I have completed getting up at 5:45. :) I have my journal in front of me to take to work.

Poor Dinner Choice Last Night

I almost was not going to blog about this. Josh and I went out to celebrate yesterday. We do this every time we pay off a school loan. We went to one of my favorite little Italian Cafe's. He kept rushing me to make a decision. I ended up making a bad one...a decision that can only be blamed on myself.

My choice was a personal size veggie pizza. I did only eat 3 of the 4 smaller slices and saved one for lunch today. Also, I ate one slice with cheese, and the other two slices I picked off the cheese and left the veggies. I also half half of one of my husband's bread sticks.

So, that is my sob story. But like I said, today is a new day.

Upcoming plans:

I plan on blogging this evening before bed. I will be out of town Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I will attempt to blog Sunday night when I get back. My mother and I are going to Ashland, Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival!

We're staying at this really awesome bed and breakfast. Anyway, I am pumped. We'll be seeing, Much Ado About Nothing and Don Quixote. The later, of course is not a Shakespeare play, but I've always loved old Don Quixote!

Have a good day everyone. I've already decided I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment